Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default opening a link in a workbook cell to edit??

I have a cell or cells that have a link to an external file/workbook on my
drive.

I have changed the path that it was kept in and I know I have the option to
update the data when opening the file but I also want to be able to select a
specific cell and adjust VIA a window / wizard rather than trying to type in
the new link.

Can this be done??

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Mike,

Maybe not exactly what you want, but you can choose Edit, Links and pick the
Change Source options.

You can also press Ctrl+H and replace the references cell by cell enter the
path you are searching for and the new path you want to replace it with and
then click Find Next until you have a cell that you want to change and then
press Alt+P to replace and continue. You can do them all at one time with
Replace all.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP