Phoenix71555

Default Problems with Pivot Table Field Sorting in Excel 2002

I created a pivot table and in the data area I have 4 months of sales date
Jan, Mar, Jun, and Dec.. When I pull down the down arrow for this data I see
all 4 months and I see box for each month and a box for all. When I look at
Jan, and Mar and not all I loose the other months. What is wrong with the
table?

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

AFAIK, the Data source option is only enabled for OLAP cubes. For pivot
tables built from Excel data, the items are listed in Ascending order
when the pivot table is created. If you set sort to Manual, you can drag
the items to any position in the list.

You could also create a custom list, and base the sort order on that.

In a cell on a blank worksheet, type your list, then select it
Choose ToolsOptions
Select the Custom Lists tab
Click the Import button, click OK

When you create a new pivot table, items should be in the order of the
custom list.

To sort the items in an existing pivot table, select the field
button, and choose DataSort
Click the Options button, and choose your custom list.

Mike wrote:
Hi.. thanks for the response. The ADVANCED option under
FIELD SETTINGS gives AUTOSORT options of:

Manual
Ascending
Descending
Data Source Order

It's set at Manual, but the data is in Ascending order
even though the data in the original sheet is not sorted.
And, the "data source order" option is greyed out.

I still cannot get the data in the same order as the
original sheet. Any reason why the Data Source Order
would be greyed out?

Thanks again. Mike