Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default keeping rows together during column sorts of linked worksheets

I have a source worksheet from which I've linked several other worksheets. If
I alpha sort the source worksheet, the sort results are fine -- has
column-for-column, row-for-row integrity -- all information in rows stays
together with the individual's NAME, which is what is sorted. However, if I
sort any worksheet that's linked to my primary worksheet, and I alpha sort
the NAMES column, the information from cells in other columns of that row do
not sort with it.

DESPERATE -- Help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rather than direct linking your data to the source list, use the "vlookup"
function. For example, if your source is on "sheet1" in cells "A1" through
"B4":

Name Age
Frank 1
Kim 4
Joe 3

Assuming your next set of data is on "sheet2", add the vlookup formula to
column B:

Name Age
Frank =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$4,2,FALSE)
Kim =VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$4,2,FALSE)
Joe =VLOOKUP(A4,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$4,2,FALSE)

--
John