Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reverse Transpose?

Can you reverse transpose an array of data?

For example, I have a row of date headers that is in this order:
10/1, 9/1, 8/1, 7/1

I would like it in this order:
7/1, 8/1, 9/1, 10/1

transpose will only convert it to a column instead of a row. Is there a
function to do this operation?

Thanks,
Scott
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Reverse Transpose?

Hi Scott,

Yes, you can definitely reverse transpose an array of data in Excel. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the cells that contain the data you want to reverse transpose.
  2. Copy the data by pressing
    Code:
    Ctrl+C
    or right-clicking and selecting "Copy".
  3. Select the cell where you want to paste the transposed data.
  4. Right-click and select "Paste Special".
  5. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, check the "Transpose" box.
  6. Click "OK".

This will transpose the data, but in the opposite order. So in your example, the row of date headers will be transposed into a column, but in reverse order.

To get the order you want, you can simply copy the transposed data and paste it into a new location. Then, select the pasted data and use the "Sort" function to sort it in ascending order. This will give you the data in the order you want.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See this:
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/lists.htm#ReverseOrder
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you select the range to sort, you can use Data|Sort (xl2003 menus).
Then click the options button and sort left to right.

(These are dates just formatted to appear like this, right? They're not text
values??)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Highlight your data with the heading (or just the headings) and choose Data,
Sort, Options, Sort Left to Right, OK, Ascending.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire