Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Move Column within Sheet with VB Macro

I'd like to move a column in between existing columns and possibly have the
results pasted as values. I've been searching through the posting but haven't
found anything I could use.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Turn on the macro recorder whilst you do these steps.

1. Select column B and hold SHIFT key.

2. Position cursor on the side of C1 then move to left of column F.

3. CopyPste SpecialValuesOKEsc.

On Wed, 30 May 2007 10:38:03 -0700, Letzdo_1t
wrote:

I'd like to move a column in between existing columns and possibly have the
results pasted as values. I've been searching through the posting but haven't
found anything I could use.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gordon - Much thanks for your help, not only did I get the VB code
I'm looking for - I've just learned an easier way of recording a macro.

Thanks again,
James

VB Code:
Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.ColumnWidth = 6.14
Columns("B:B").Cut Destination:=Columns("F:F")
Columns("F:F").Select
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

wrote:

I'd like to move a column in between existing columns and possibly have the
results pasted as values. I've been searching through the posting but haven't
found anything I could use.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
James