Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default tick mark.!

hi.!

how can i enter a tick mark in a cell..?!

any hlp..?

-via135
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Define "tick mark".

Do you mean a checkmark? If so, I like Dave Petersons method...

Saved from a previous post:
----------
Enter a tick mark in a cell

Select the range
Format|cells|number tab|custom category
In the "type:" box, put this:
alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252

But hit and hold the alt key while you're typing the 0252 from the numeric
keypad.

It should look something like this when you're done.
ü;ü;ü;ü
(umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)

And format that range of cells as Wingdings.

Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a
check
mark.
----------

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"via135" wrote in message
hi.!

how can i enter a tick mark in a cell..?!

any hlp..?

-via135

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"via135" wrote in message

hi.!

how can i enter a tick mark in a cell..?!

any hlp..?

-via135

great..!
thks Biff..!!!

-via135
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome! Let's give the credit to Dave Peterson.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP