Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Percentage Discount

Dealer Cost column has a list of dealer prices. Sale Price is the reduced
dealer cost. I need a column that shows the percentage of discount from
Dealer Cost to Sale Price when the price is entered in Sale Price column.
Sometimes I would like to enter the percentage of discount and calculate the
Sale Price. Any ideas of a fairly simple way to do this so that the printout
is understandable to clients? Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your Dealer cost was in column A you could put this formula in column B
for the Sale price: =100-(C2*A2)
and this formula in column C for the % Discount: =1-(B2/A2)

You could then copy those formulas down. If you enter a number in the %
discoutn it should give you the Sale price. If you enter a number in the
sale price it should give you the discount.

(Of course once you type in a number it will overwrite the formula in that
cell so you could do one or ther other not both. You'd also have to format
the % column as %)