Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Problem preserving Excel Correcitons

A Heritage Society secretary gave me her mailing list for the recent
newsletter. It is an Excel document, and it was a disaster. A couple
dozen listings didn't print. I found about a half dozen that had
serious mistakes. She later identified them as entries that she had
corrected some time ago. Does Windows and/or Excel have an automatic
setback feature that would explain this? Or what else would explain
it?

Thanks

-GECKO
Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Not Excel or Windows, but who knows what she actually put in the entries
in the Workbook, or even what she used to edit it with. You will likely
need to examine each non-printing entry for "non-printing" characters
having been inserted.

gecko wrote:

A Heritage Society secretary gave me her mailing list for the recent
newsletter. It is an Excel document, and it was a disaster. A couple
dozen listings didn't print. I found about a half dozen that had
serious mistakes. She later identified them as entries that she had
corrected some time ago. Does Windows and/or Excel have an automatic
setback feature that would explain this? Or what else would explain
it?

Thanks

-GECKO

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

How about using one of the backup copies from an earlier period. IT usually
backs up all data daily and can recover a prior version of any file for you
upon request.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire