Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting cells only if cell X equals "yes"

I am tracking my sales reps sales. I currently have a formula to track that,
but now i need to track their sales only if they add a certian feature to the
sale. So now i need to find a formula that tracks their sales if they answer
yes to cell x. If they answer no to cell X i do not want to count that
sale. Can someone please help. The formula that tracks their individual
sales is COUNTIF($A$19:$A$3703, A10)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

so, you're saying you want to count if A19:A3703 equals A10 AND X3:X3703 =
"yes"?

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$19:$A$3703=A10)*($X$19:$X$3703="ye s"))

"Frustrated" wrote:

I am tracking my sales reps sales. I currently have a formula to track that,
but now i need to track their sales only if they add a certian feature to the
sale. So now i need to find a formula that tracks their sales if they answer
yes to cell x. If they answer no to cell X i do not want to count that
sale. Can someone please help. The formula that tracks their individual
sales is COUNTIF($A$19:$A$3703, A10)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you have multiple critiera to be applied to return the count use one of
the below

---When you have multiple criteria use SUMPRODUCT()
'2 criterias
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=criteria1)*(B1:B10=criteria2))
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=F1)*(B1:B10=F2))

'3 criterias
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=criteria1)*(B1:B10=criteria2)* (C1:C10=criteria3))
'Wtih cells F1,F2,F3 holding the criteria
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=F1)*(B1:B10=F2)*(C1:C10=F3))

---In case you are using XL 2007 check out help on COUNTIFS()
=COUNTIFS( Criteriarange1,Criteria1,Criteriarange2,Criteria2, ...)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria