Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Default Clear Cells

How can i delete the contents of very cell in a spreadsheet, APART from those
already selected
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R.VENKATARAMAN

you mean delete every cell

control+A edit clear all

"Mike" wrote in message
How can i delete the contents of very cell in a spreadsheet, APART from

those
already selected

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Mike,

Are you just trying to get rid of rows and columns past a certain cell.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...m#MakeLastCell

Are you just trying to reduce the size of the workbook by eliminating
the rows and columns past the actual data, where the last cell indication
Ctrl+End is incorrect.
"Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?"

Do you mean delete the rows and columns outside of a single selection area.
have such a solution but not on webpage yet

Do you mean leave the single selection area intact but clear the contents
but not delete cells outside a selection(s).

Are you talking about a single area i.e. A3:D10,
or multiple selection areas i.e. A3:D10, A8:D15

Does the current region Ctrl+SHIFT+* have anything to
do with this question. If it does you make that your selection
and continue with one of the other avenues.

As far as I can tell you will need a macro solution, if not familiar
with macros you can read about them at
but answer which kind of solution you were looking for first.
---
HTH,

"Mike" wrote ...
How can i delete the contents of very cell in a spreadsheet, APART from those
already selected

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Hello David,

i have a number of sheets in a workbook that have varying amount of data.
what i would like is to be able to go to each worksheet, go to the end of
the data (using column A for this is fine) and then delete or Clear ALL rows
below.
doing that manually reduces my workbook from 5meg to 1 meg.
if i could automate this it would make things much faster,
thanks for any advice you can give,
cheers,
Mike

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Mike,

The MakeLastCell could be easily adapted, deleting only rows but
not columns. Clearing rows is not good enough you have to delete and save,
although there are ways to avoid doing that the results are not reliable. .

The easiest to use and fix the entire workbook at once was the macro in the
following article: Did you stop reading before you got to the DeleteUnused macro.
"Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?"

There is no save in the DeleteUnused macro, you will have to save the file when the
macro finishes. You want to use the macro. You will simply not be able to do
it manually with consistency.
---
HTH,

"Mike" wrote ...