Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Change Display Order in Charts

I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots,
the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line
to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last,
but it always ends up behind the cloud.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind
points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the
chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make
the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines
only, double click the line-formatted series, and on the Axis tab, choose
secondary. The line is now drawn in front of the markers.

To make sure the series use the same axis scales, delete the visible
secondary axes. The secondary series will still be considered as part of the
secondary chart group, but lacking secondary axes, it will use the primary
axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP