Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vi Vi is offline

Default How can I make a blank cell in a formula cell with a range of cell

Example: I have a column of numbers I want to add E2:E20 with the total in
E21. If there are no numbers in E2-E20, how can I make E21 to be blank
instead of showing a zero?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way ..

In E21:
=IF(COUNT(E2:E20),SUM(E2:E20),"")
--
Max
Singapore
"Vi" wrote:
Example: I have a column of numbers I want to add E2:E20 with the total in
E21. If there are no numbers in E2-E20, how can I make E21 to be blank
instead of showing a zero?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vi Vi is offline

Default How can I make a blank cell in a formula cell with a range of

Thanks - it works

"Mike H" wrote:

Try this in E21

=IF(SUM(E1:E20)0,SUM(E1:E20),"")

Mike

"Vi" wrote:

Example: I have a column of numbers I want to add E2:E20 with the total in
E21. If there are no numbers in E2-E20, how can I make E21 to be blank
instead of showing a zero?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Admit I'm surprised you say it works, as that's not exactly what you asked
for, viz:

.. If there are no numbers in E2-E20,
how can I make E21 to be blank
instead of showing a zero?