Ginger

Default Count Rang of Filled-In Cells

I have a sheet that has several groups of nmbers and then a space between
then. each opf these digits represents a sale of a product. For Example:

1
5
8
4
(Empty Cell)
5
6
7
9

the first set of numbers are for product a and the second is for product B.
I would like to count the numbers from the first cell of the product up till
the blank cell. So...
COUNT(FIRST CELL:FIRST EMPTY CELL)

I can not seem to find an easy way to do this. Any suggestions?
Frank Kabel

Hi
one way: try the following array formula:
=COUNTA(INDIRECT("A1:" & MIN(IF($A$1:$A$100="",ROW($A$1:$A$100)))))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ginger wrote:
I have a sheet that has several groups of nmbers and then a space
between then. each opf these digits represents a sale of a product.
For Example:

1
5
8
4
(Empty Cell)
5
6
7
9

the first set of numbers are for product a and the second is for
product B. I would like to count the numbers from the first cell of
the product up till the blank cell. So...
COUNT(FIRST CELL:FIRST EMPTY CELL)

I can not seem to find an easy way to do this. Any suggestions?

Jason Morin

=COUNT(OFFSET(A1,,,MATCH(FALSE,ISNUMBER(A1:A100),0 )))

Array-entered, meaning press ctrl/shift/enter.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.