Compucat

Default How to resize Data Form dialog window?

On a friend's computer today, I created a small "database" (list of
names/addresses) with a header row (in Excel 2002). I wanted to show
her the Data/Form feature for quick entry. The "Sheet 1" dialog window
opened as usual and I entered a couple of records for demonstration and
then closed the Form. What would have triggered the following
situation, I do not know, but the next time I clicked Data/Form, *the
dialog window completely filled the screen*. Only by dragging the
window by placing the cursor arrow in the top border did the right side
contents of the window come into view (the buttons for
New/Restore/Prev/etc.). Although the window had the usual large X at
the top-right corner to close it, I could not otherwise reduce the size
of this window. The practicality of using the Data/Form was essentially
made neglible since the entry fields were out of view to the left if the
buttons were in view, and visa versa.

On my Excel 2003 (note, a newer version) at home, I have tried to
recreate the above situation to no avail.

What to do to restore the Data/Form quick entry window to a reasonable
size?

Thank you.

--
Compucat
Compucat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24129

Dave Peterson

I think when I used xl2002 and win98, I could open excel and then change the
settings of the display (windows start button|settings|control panel|display
applet) and excel would have to be restarted for it to notice the change in
settings. (So some of the data|form dialog could be off the screen.)

But with xl2003 and winXP, excel noticed the windows setting change when I
closed the data|form dialog and reopened the data|form dialog.

Were you playing with the windows setting?