Matt

Default Updating formula with link to another worksheet using vlookup

I have a very complex workbook that won't automatically update formula
results which contain the vlookup function to another worksheet. "F9" doesn't
update the formulas but clicking in the formula (making it active) does.
There are thousands of these formulas which need to be updated and I can't
determine the automatic method.

This seems to be a problem occasionally when I have the very large and
complex workbooks.

Example formula:

=VLOOKUP($C47,'Merch Spd'!$A$17:$AN$74,35,FALSE)*1000
--
Matt
Bill Manville

Try Ctrl+Alt+F9
If that doesn't do it try a macro that does
Application.CalculateFullRebuild
if your version of Excel supports doing that.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Giovanni D via OfficeKB.com

Hi Sir this is Gio from Philippines...... it's my first time here in
this site... i am wondering how can i solve this problem in excel and please
help me.. I used excel 2000 in creating an inventory program in the hospital.
I used this excel inventorry program in our suppply room, i used one
worksheet per item. and i have almost 300 items in the supply room or almost
300 worksheets. I saved it as a template for all i know it is safer to save
it as template rather than saving it as ordinary excel files. The program was
working well, but not when i started linking(hyperlink) it from a certain
file that i always used. Then i have save it several times as a template but
i notice that the program malfuncitons, it doesnt compute the formulas i
created and some formulas are gone. Why is this happening. when i add some
items in the inventory it wouldnt add to the current balance, why is this
happening? Will you please help me, you wer the only people who can only
help me with this kind of problem......please....
Ed Ferrero

Hi Gio,

Firstly, when posting a new question to this group, please send a new
message - do not reply to an existing message. It makes it more difficult
for the group to keep track of messages.

Second, we really need more information in order to help you. There are
several things that could be going wrong in your situation.

Templates are usually used to provide a base structure that can then be used
to construct one or more workbooks. Once you put data in the template, you
would normally save that as a workbook. It is not clear from your
description what you have saved as workbooks and what as templates.

Are you using hyperliknks from one workbook to another? Or linked formulas?

How is the current balance calculated? Can you give an example?

Also, please look at my tutorial on using Excel as a database at
http://edferrero.m6.net/DataTutor01.shtml. This is not complete, but it
might help you in structuring the workbooks.

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/