Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 - setting the Comment font size default

Anyone know how to set the default so it applies to all comments - mine is
set at 8 point much too small, and I can only change within each comment one
at a time. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't see any way to affect the default behaviour, but you can change all
comments in a WB with:

Dim WS As Worksheet
Dim Com As Comment

For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
For Each Com In WS.Comments
With Com.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font
.Name = "Times New Roman"
.Size = 14
End With
Next
Next

NickHK

"rickz" wrote in message
Anyone know how to set the default so it applies to all comments - mine is
set at 8 point much too small, and I can only change within each comment

one
at a time. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hmm hmm is offline

You change the default comment properties through the ToolTips in Windows.
Right click on the desktop, select Properties, choose the Appearance tab then
Advanced. Under Item, select ToolTip. From here you can change the default
background color and font for Excel comments.