L Mieth

Default Format Excel column to notify with a reminder

Hello,
I have a mailing log in an Excel sheet. There are particular ocassions that
need second copies mailed. I would like to be able to format my "sites"
column to notify me with a reminder whenever I enter one of the particular
"sites" that need the additional copies to be mailed. Can this be done? Using
Excel 2000
Thanks
Linda
cscorp

Dear Sir,

There is several ways to accomplish that. Proably the easiest is as
follow:

1. Create a table with the names of all the sites for which you want
alerts.
2. Make a name range for the entire table.
3. Add an additional column to your original table an name it alerts.
4. In that new column Use a VLOOKUP function to verify each new site
you enter.
5. The vertical lookup can place a mark or message in the new column

If you need it additional help let me know.

Regards

Juan Carlos

--
cscorp
cscorp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24015

L Mieth

In a previous posting I found exactly what I need except for one problem and
I really know nothing of writing codes.

On 3 14-05 Jason Morin replied to a post from red_oceanus on this same matter.

The code he presented pertains to the first column. I need the message to
work in the fourth column only. When I use his code I recieve a pop up
message in any of the first four columns instead of only the fourth column.

How can I edit this code to suit my needs?

Jason's response follows:
Assuming data entry cells are col. A, right-click the
worksheet tab, choose "View Code", copy in the code
below, and press ALT+Q to close VBE.

Dim sMsg As String
With Target
If .Column 1 Then Exit Sub