Andy T

Default Excel 2002 crashing during "Save As" action.

I am having a problem when using "Save As" on a particular workbook I have
developed. The workbook contains three separate sheets each containing a
number of macros. Each time I "save as" I get the standard "Microsoft Excel
has encountered a problem message". Interestingly I do not have a problem
when I perform a standard "save" on the workbook, only when I try and change
it's name using "save as". One way I have found to work around this is to
select the "Manual" option for Calculations on the Tools/Options menu.
Leading me to believe that some kind of forced calculation on the workbook
before the save event is causing a problem. Can anybody shed any light on
this and suggest a possible solution.

Many thanks as always.

Andy T
Dave Peterson

Sometimes, workbooks get corrupted.

You might be able to recover it by using another program--maybe xl2003 or
OpenOffice could open it and clean some of the problems when you save it.

(http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)

If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services. I've
never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson