Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a likert scale in excel

I need to create a likert scale in excell that includes data validation
through dropdown selection. How do I do this?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Create a likert scale in excel

Sure, I can help you create a likert scale in Excel with data validation through dropdown selection. Here are the steps:
  1. Open a new Excel worksheet and create a table with the Likert scale options you want to use. For example, you might have a table with the following options:

    Strongly Disagree | Disagree | Neutral | Agree | Strongly Agree
  2. Select the cells where you want to create the dropdown list. For example, you might select cells A1 through A10.
  3. Go to the "Data" tab in the Excel ribbon and click on "Data Validation".
  4. In the "Data Validation" dialog box, select "List" from the "Allow" dropdown menu.
  5. In the "Source" field, enter the range of cells that contains your Likert scale options. For example, if your Likert scale options are in cells B1 through F1, you would enter "=$B$1:$F$1" in the "Source" field.
  6. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  7. Now, when you click on any of the cells you selected in step 2, a dropdown list will appear with your Likert scale options.
  8. You can now use these dropdown lists to create a Likert scale in your worksheet. For example, you might create a survey or questionnaire and use the dropdown lists to record responses.

That's it! You now have a Likert scale in Excel with data validation through dropdown selection. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably the easiest way, especially when it comes time to generate the
scores, would be to enter the question in column A, then make it wide enough
to accomodate the longest question (word wrap could help here to keep the
sheet from getting too wide to print). In column B I'd put a data validated
list with the choices you use, such as "strongly disagree", "disagree
somewhat", "neither agree nor disagree", "agree somewhat" and "strongly
agree". Of course you may have more options, but make sure your list shows
them all so that the respondents know what all they have to choose from.

To score later, you'll have to evaluate the entries in column B.

"thobbs" wrote:

I need to create a likert scale in excell that includes data validation
through dropdown selection. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thobbs -

Before you try to do this using Excel, if you are using a Likert scale for
survey responses, I suggest a more appropriate tool like the online Survey
Monkey or similar questionnaire software. If you don't like the format of
the Survey Monkey results, you can always download the data and use Excel
for analysis and charts.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com