Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save As and save current numbers not the actual formulas and links

I have a budget file that gets a lot of its numbers from another source data
file and then it contains a lot of formulas. I want to save the budget file
using "save as" to save the budget in its current state. Then I want to make
some changes to the source data file and update my budget file again and then
"save as" again with the new data. My problem however is that all the files
that I do a "save as" keep changing everytime i change the source data. i
want to save the current numbers when I do a "save as" NOT the links to the
source data. How do I do this if someone knows I would appreciate it.
--
Frank M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Frank

Here is one method.....there are others.

With your original workbook open, open a New workbook from FileNew

Select your original WB and right-click on the sheet(s) and Move or Copy.

Copy to the new workbook.

In new workbook, select all cells and Copy.

Then EditPaste Special(in place)ValuesOKEsc.

Now do the Save As under a new name.

That workbook will not update.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP