Kim2000

Default formulating a balance when a loan payment is made

I am setting up a budget on Excel. I want to show the balance after I make my
payment minus the interest rate and escrow. (Sometimes I also pay more than
the minimum due.) What kind of formula do you use for this ?
bpeltzer

On each row, you'd indicate the total amount paid, then split this up into:
1) escrow (a fixed amount, probably chaning once per year), 2) interest,
calculated as prior month's ending balance * interest rate / 12, 3)
principle, calculated as the total paid minus escrow and interest, 4) new
balance, calculated as prior balance minus principle.