Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default create a list of unique values

I have a list of items in a column of a spreadsheet. I want to get a new
list of items that contains every entry from the first but removes duplicate
entries. If necessary I can presort the first list to get all duplicate
entries adjacent to each other. I would like to do this with worksheet
functions. I could put the function at the top of a column then drag the
function down until I have empty cells meaning I have all entries from the
original without duplication.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Check "Unique records" and "Copy to another location"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:49:05 +0800, "Bill Brehm" <<don't want spam wrote:

I have a list of items in a column of a spreadsheet. I want to get a new
list of items that contains every entry from the first but removes duplicate
entries. If necessary I can presort the first list to get all duplicate
entries adjacent to each other. I would like to do this with worksheet
functions. I could put the function at the top of a column then drag the
function down until I have empty cells meaning I have all entries from the
original without duplication.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bill,

You can use Advanced filter to create a new list of Unique values. In xl2007
you will find it on the Data ribbon under the Sort & Filter block. On earlier
versions select menu item Data- Filter - Advanced filter. Just follow the
prompts and ensure that you check Copy to another location option and Unique
option.

OssieMac