Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default We need to add 1 to a specific field on every raffle

we need to print 1,000 raffles. the ticket number is a three digit i.e 001,
002.

How can we get the number to change for each ticket printed???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you printing the tickets just through Excel?

Do you have one ticket and print it 1000 times?

Do you have 1000 copies of the ticket on a worksheet and print the
worksheet?

Do you have double-entry tickets...........one for the barrel and a tear-off
for buyer?

Can be done but need to see an example layout.

I would do it all through Word's mailmerge function but post back with some
more info.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:56:01 -0700, raffle printing <raffle
wrote:

we need to print 1,000 raffles. the ticket number is a three digit i.e 001,
002.

How can we get the number to change for each ticket printed???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Well you certainly didn't give us much info! Suppose the number is in cell
A1 and the ticket is a single spreadsheet range going from A1:D5 which you
want to print 1000 times.

Add the following macro to your workbook:

Sub MyPrint()
For I = 1 To 1000
[A1] = I
[A1:D5].PrintOut
Next I
End Sub

1. To add this code to your file, press Alt+F11,
2. Choose Insert, Module.
3. Paste in or type the code above.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"raffle printing" wrote:

we need to print 1,000 raffles. the ticket number is a three digit i.e 001,
002.

How can we get the number to change for each ticket printed???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

highlight your column, go to Format Cells Number tab Custom
Make the custoemr format 000.

Type in 1, then fill down 1000 times (using the little handle on bottom
right of yoru cell), click the little box on the bottom right, and select
Fill series.