Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i insert blank rows between data that is thousands of rows

I want to insert a blank row between each line of data that I have in the
quickest way possible. My spreadsheet is 12 000 rows long and want to do this
as quickly as possible. I know how to insert a row wherever I want but is
there a quick way, maybe a function I could use, that will insert a blank row
inbetween each row of data I have?

Please email me on

many thanks

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way in this post... http://tinyurl.com/yupz9w
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"paul.eatwell"
wrote in message
I want to insert a blank row between each line of data that I have in the
quickest way possible. My spreadsheet is 12 000 rows long and want to do this
as quickly as possible. I know how to insert a row wherever I want but is
there a quick way, maybe a function I could use, that will insert a blank row
inbetween each row of data I have?
Please email me on...
many thanks
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Edit this simple macro:

Sub RowInsert()

For X = 2 To 12000
Rows(X).Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
X = X + 1
Next X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have been given a couple of methods but I have a question.

Why do you want the blank row?

A blank row between every row will mess up sorting, filtering, copying a nd
probably some other functions.

If for viewing purposes only, just select all the rows and double the row
height.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:30:00 -0800, paul.eatwell
wrote:

I want to insert a blank row between each line of data that I have in the
quickest way possible. My spreadsheet is 12 000 rows long and want to do this
as quickly as possible. I know how to insert a row wherever I want but is
there a quick way, maybe a function I could use, that will insert a blank row
inbetween each row of data I have?

Please email me on

many thanks

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CJ CJ is offline

Default How do i insert blank rows between data that is thousands of r

what would the formula be if I wanted to insert 2 blank rows after each
existing data row?

"HKaplan" wrote:

Edit this simple macro:

Sub RowInsert()

For X = 2 To 12000
Rows(X).Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
X = X + 1
Next X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub InsertRows()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim numRows As Integer
Dim r As Long
Dim X As Long
numRows = 2 'adjust for rows to insert
X = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row 'last row in column A
For r = X To 1 Step -1
ActiveSheet.Rows(r + 1).Resize(numRows).EntireRow.Insert
Next r
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP