Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Miller

Default Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text?

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text?

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
goober

Yes. Click file then save as. Change the file type to Web Page and
click save. This will save it as HTML.

Hope it helps.

--
goober
goober's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19838

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Yes:

Pull-down:
File Save as... and select html.
--
Gary''s Student

"Joe Miller" wrote:

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text?

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497351

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Miller

FileSave as... select webpape html doesn't work.

When I do it nothing is saved and no error messages are generated.

Maybe the problem has to do with the concept of a webpage file vs a
simple file? Have you ever actually saved as html text ?

Could be my version of Excel (MicroSoft Excel 2000) is not configured
to work OK for this situation ?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497351

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Miller

Hi Marvin,
Thanks for the following reply: "Excel 2000 does not have html as an
option in File / Save As".

My Excel 2000 does give me the option of Save As/Web
Page(*.htm,*.html).

Is it correct to infer that if I buy a later Excel version that I will
not only have the option of save as/Web Page(*.htm,*.html) but will be
able to save as a text file whose type is (*.htm,*.html) ?