deversole

Default Update cell based on date range

Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this would
be a better place for this question. I was wondering if I could get
some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range.
For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value of
another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th.
However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value for
that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone give
me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!!!

--
deversole
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22672

Peo Sjoblom

=IF(AND(TODAY()=DATE(2005,7,1),TODAY()<=DATE(2005 ,7,10)),"Value2","Value1")

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"deversole" wrote
in message ...

Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this would
be a better place for this question. I was wondering if I could get
some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range.
For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value of
another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th.
However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value for
that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone give
me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!!!

--
deversole
deversole's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384545

deversole

Thanks for the reply Peo, however that is not exactly what I was looking
for. I wrote a similar function. I do know what the value will be when
that function is True, it will be set to the value in a cell on a
different sheet, but if that if statement is false, I don't want the
value in the cell to change.

This is the function that I am trying to get to work:

=IF(AND(TODAY()G37,TODAY()<H37,WEEKDAY(TODAY())=3 ),'Status'!D59,????)

What I want to do is update a cell for that week on that Wednesday. I
will have a cell for each week, and each Wednesday that cell will be
updated with another value, which is at 'Status'!D59. However, I don't
want that particular cell updated if it is not during that week. So, if
that cell is updated in one week, I don't want that value to change the
following week from what it was the previous week. Does that make
sense?

--
deversole
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22672