Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default show rows on screen, but not print them

On a spreadsheet in excel from office xp, is it possible to
display a row on the screen, but when you print the sheet it
doesn't get printed? How do I do that?

I tried hiding the row, but the admin wants to be able to see it
on screen and complained too tedious to unhide it on screen then
hide it for printing.

I have never written macros for excel so not sure if there is a
solution there, or if it can be done another way.

I also thought we could have the data from the row in another
sheet that doesn't get printed, but she (the admin) preferred the
hide/unhide solution.

Any help appreciated.

--
Troy Piggins
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Troy Piggins wrote:
On a spreadsheet in excel from office xp, is it possible to
display a row on the screen, but when you print the sheet it
doesn't get printed? How do I do that?

I tried hiding the row, but the admin wants to be able to see it
on screen and complained too tedious to unhide it on screen then
hide it for printing.

I have never written macros for excel so not sure if there is a
solution there, or if it can be done another way.

I also thought we could have the data from the row in another
sheet that doesn't get printed, but she (the admin) preferred the
hide/unhide solution.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Troy,

You don't need macros.

You can define two custom views from menu View, Custom Views. First unhide
the rows, then define a custom view and name it as Screen, then hide the
rows and define a new custom view and name it Print.

In this way you can easily switch between the two views.

You can also add to a Command bar the Custom Views button to switch between
the views in a simpler way: right click on a command bar, click on
Customize, choose the Commands tab, under Categories select View, then under
Commands select the Custom Views button and drag & drop on yuor preferred
bar, then click on Close.

In this way you can very easily switch between your cstom views.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

* Franz Verga wrote:
Troy Piggins wrote:
[...]

Thankyou Franz. I'll play with that and see how it goes.

--
Troy Piggins