Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MikeR-Oz

Default Vlookup -=VLOOKUP(F9,LookUp1!$A$2:$B$1504,2,FALSE)

I have a sheet named "lookUp" that has 3 columns

emp No Name Mobile No.
11111 Bruce, Jack lincoln 0404 126 561

and I have been given this:-

=VLOOKUP(F9,LookUp1!$A$2:$B$1504,2,FALSE)

Which takes the info from the "LookUp" sheet to another sheet and puts the
name in to a cell.

But a new "LookUp1" sheet is laid out as

emp No Surname First Name Mobile No.
11111 Bruce Jack lincoln 0404 126 561

How can I change the Vlookup to now put both the Surname PLUS a comma and
then the First name all into the 1 cell in the sheet seeing that the new
LookUp1 nows seperates the surname(bruce) from the first names ??

So want

enter 1111

get

Bruce, Jack lincoln

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Clivey_UK

Hi Mike,
I think you should use the & symbol to add two bits of text. Try this:
=VLOOKUP(F9,LookUp1!$A$2:$B$1504,2,FALSE)&",
"&VLOOKUP(F9,LookUp1!$A$2:$B$1504,3,FALSE)
What this will do is lookup 1111 and return Bruce from the 2nd column,
then it will add ", " and then it will add Jack Lincoln from coloumn 3,
so the result is
Bruce, Jack Lincoln.
Clive

--