Rosaiah

Default How do I convert excel file into ASCII text file with alignment?

I am working with a medium size financial organisation. We are receiving our
bank statements in Excel Work Books. Ours is a Cobol Based programming
system.

We want to do our Bank Reconciliation (BRS) thorugh a program by taking the
data from Bank.

Our programmers wants the data in ASCII text format to do the BRS in
computers. But the bank was giving the data in Excel work book as said above.

I am unable to convert the same into ASCII Text file.

Please help me to convert the data into ASCII Text file.

Rosaiah Choudary Dodda
Ed Ferrero

Hi Rosaiah,

File - Save As...
Change the Save As Type at the bottom of the dialog to CSV

Ed Ferrer
http://edferrero.m6.net

Our programmers wants the data in ASCII text format to do the BRS in
computers. But the bank was giving the data in Excel work book as said
above.

I am unable to convert the same into ASCII Text file.

Please help me to convert the data into ASCII Text file.

Rosaiah Choudary Dodda

Dave Peterson

..csv files aren't aligned.

But you could try File|SaveAs|Save AS Type:
Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn)

This is limited to 240 characters per line. And you may have to experiment with
the columnwidths to get it perfect.

Another option is to use your own VBA procedure to export the data the way you
want.

JE McGimpsey has some nice code you can borrow and enhance at:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

--

Dave Peterson