Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get rid of the PERSONAL.XLS sheet from a workbook?

Everytime I want to "X" out of excel, I always have to also close the
PERSONAL.XLS sheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Normally the Personal file is hidden
If you use Windows | Hide then you will never need to close it again
OR you could locate it in the XLSTART folder and just delete it - hope it
has no macros that you need to use
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arencia" wrote in message
Everytime I want to "X" out of excel, I always have to also close the
PERSONAL.XLS sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you open Excel and you see PERSONAL.XLS(B) in the title bar you can use this to hide it.

Excel 97-2003: WindowHide
Excel 2007 : On the View tab in the window group choose Hide

Then close Excel and say Yes to save the changes to your PERSONAL file.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm