Dajana

Default Number of characters in a cell (one row, merged columns)

I have a cell with one row and four merged columns. I have a macro for
autofit and the information from other sheet copies into that cell
automatically. However I tought that the maximum number of characters is
1024 however it seems that my cell can take more than 1024 characters. What
is the maximum number of characters this cell can take. Also when I run a
macro not all information is visible, my cell indeed expands but it does not
expand all the way so I have to do it manually. Does anyone know a solution
to this problem.

Thanks
Dajana
bigwheel

This is in the help file:-

Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

Even with this limitation, it is possible to see more than the 1024 by
adding alt-enters (to force new lines in the cell) every 80-100 characters