Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chet

Default How circle an individual number in a cell?

This one stumped me. How can you (using Excel) circle a number in a
cell? In other words the cell has a the following contents " 1 2 3 4 5
6 7". Is there a function or a format that I can use to actually put a
circle around a particular number in that cell, for example maybe I
want to circle the number 2.

Thanks,

Chet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Wright

Picky maybe but of you have 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 in a cell then you have TEXT in
the cell and not a number. Can be an important difference in many
scenarios.

Anyway, you can either use an autoshape circle and take out the fill so that
the border circles your number, or maybe you could switch the number for one
of the characters uvwxyz{|} which from left to right and with a wingdings
font applied to that character alone within the actual cell, you will get a
number within a solid circle.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Chet" wrote in message
oups.com...
This one stumped me. How can you (using Excel) circle a number in a
cell? In other words the cell has a the following contents " 1 2 3 4 5
6 7". Is there a function or a format that I can use to actually put a
circle around a particular number in that cell, for example maybe I
want to circle the number 2.

Thanks,

Chet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chet

Worked like a charm Thx!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Wright

You're welcome - Just curious but which option did you go for?

Regards

"Chet" wrote in message
oups.com...
Worked like a charm Thx!