JJalomo

Default Return 1st of the Month

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

Gary Brown

=date(year(c4),month(c4),1)
HTH,
Gary Brown

"JJalomo" wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

Gary Brown

=date(year(c4),month(c4),1)
HTH,
Gary Brown

"JJalomo" wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

Domenic

Try...

=DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4),1)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"JJalomo" wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:19:07 -0800, "JJalomo"
wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

=c4-day(c4)+1

--ron
JJalomo

Thank you all. I now have several options which work.

"JJalomo" wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

bj

You could also use =eomonth(c4,-1)+1

"JJalomo" wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

Matt D Francis

Sorry to intrude, I need a similar function but will always return the start
date of the CURRENT month - i.e date sheet is opened? I tried using TODAY()
in place of C4 in this formula but no luck - any suggestions?

Matt

"Gary Brown" wrote:

=date(year(c4),month(c4),1)
HTH,
Gary Brown

"JJalomo" wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

Matt D Francis

Sorry - seems to work now, what sure what the problem was earlier.

Cheers,

Matt

"Matt D Francis" wrote:

Sorry to intrude, I need a similar function but will always return the start
date of the CURRENT month - i.e date sheet is opened? I tried using TODAY()
in place of C4 in this formula but no luck - any suggestions?

Matt

"Gary Brown" wrote:

=date(year(c4),month(c4),1)
HTH,
Gary Brown

"JJalomo" wrote:

I need a formula or function which will return the first of the month. For
example, if Cell c4 contains 2/15/05, i need to return 2/01/05 in cell d4.

Cell c4 can contain any date.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:48:03 -0700, "Matt D Francis"
wrote:

Sorry to intrude, I need a similar function but will always return the start
date of the CURRENT month - i.e date sheet is opened? I tried using TODAY()
in place of C4 in this formula but no luck - any suggestions?

Matt

=A1-DAY(A1)+1

Substitute TODAY() for A1.

--ron