Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

Default Border not showing

I have two cells that are currently merged. When I un-merge them and put a
broder around each of them it is not showing up. In the format cells
borders, the border shows up in there. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tia
It works for me. Exactly what are you doing when you unmerge the cells?
Exactly what are you doing, step-by-step to apply the borders? HTH Otto
"Tia" wrote in message
I have two cells that are currently merged. When I un-merge them and put a
broder around each of them it is not showing up. In the format cells
borders, the border shows up in there. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

I right click on the merged cell, go to format cell, uncheck merge cells and
click ok. Then on the tool bar I click on the border button and select the
outline with vertical and horizontal bar. It does not affect my sheet at
all. It stays blank and doesn't even have a gridline.

"Tia" wrote in message
I have two cells that are currently merged. When I un-merge them and put a
broder around each of them it is not showing up. In the format cells
borders, the border shows up in there. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tia
When you apply borders around or in selected cells, they won't show
correctly until you unselect those cells. You unselect a cell or cells by
selecting some other cell. Is that what is happening? It all works for me.
If this problem persists I'll ask you to email me your file. HTH Otto

"Tia" wrote in message
I have two cells that are currently merged. When I un-merge them and
put a
broder around each of them it is not showing up. In the format cells
borders, the border shows up in there. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tia Tia is offline

No that's not what's happening. I use the border function quite often and
I've never seen this. I'll email you the worksheet.