Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default percentage calculation

Hi there, can somebody help me out with a simple formula I cannot get the
hang of?

A1=76,96%
A2=(1-A1)*29.000.000. Then I set the cell as number and the outcome is
66830090 while I need to obtain 6681600. How can I set the cell so to obtain
this value?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I get the answer you want when I tried it. Are you sure that A1 does
actually contain 0.7696 and not some other value which is formatted to
display only 4 decimal places? I suggest you change the cell format to
8 decimal places to check.

Hope this helps.

Pete