Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark McDonough

Default Pivot Tables and Column Labels

I'm having some trouble creating a pivot table with a large amount of data
that has fields arranged in columns - store, brand, address, supplier a,
supplier b etc.

When I go to create a pivot table, I select all the data including the
titles and get an error telling me I have to create column labels before it
will do the pivot table.

What's wrong here? Shouldn't it just pick up on the titles as being the
fields?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Does the source data table have one row of headings?
Is there text in every heading cell? Perhaps there are hidden columns
that don't have heading text.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark McDonough

Well if that is the cause, I do have hidden columns with no data labels.
Thanks for the advice.