Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
annalie

Default 10 000 Line, every 2 Lines need a border and a open line inbet. e.

I have huge spreadsheet with 10 000 lines. Every 2 line needs to be boxed. i
dont want to go line by line to box. How do i do this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian

Assuming your pairs of lines are all formatted the same initially, this is
easy enough.
Format your first pair of lines as required. Select both lines and copy.
Select the remaining lines and Paste SpecialFormats.

--
Ian
--
"annalie" wrote in message
I have huge spreadsheet with 10 000 lines. Every 2 line needs to be boxed.
dont want to go line by line to box. How do i do this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

This might be close to what you want. This will apply a border to every
second line from column A to Column I (change the 1 and 9 to the appropriate
columns you want). If you want to box every 3rd line (rows 3,6,9,12, etc.),
change the 2 to 3.

Highlight the whole spreadsheet. Select Conditional Formating by clicking
on Format-Conditional Formating. Select "formula is" and input this
formula...
=(MOD(ROW(),2)=0)*(COLUMN()=1)
Click on format and select the border tab. Select the left, top, and bottom
lines. Ckick okay. Click Add and input this formula in Condition 2
=(MOD(ROW(),2)=0)*(COLUMN()=9)
Select the right, top and bottom lines. Input this formula in Condition 3
=(MOD(ROW(),2)=0)*(COLUMN()<=9)
Select the top and bottom lines.