IT Department

Default converting to Excel from Quattro Pro

I am trying to convert some spreadsheets from Corel
Quattro Pro (version 8) to Microsoft Excel 2003.

We had no problem bring in word processing files from
Corel WP8 to MS Word 2003, but with Excel it doesn't seem
to work. (Gives an error message saying " the file
format is not valid").

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this?
Perhaps there is an interim conversion that is required
(ie: from Corel 8 to Corel 10 and then to MS Excel)???

Any suggestions would be appreciated.