Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
999 999 is offline

Default synchronizing timestamp feature with time on video software.

I am currently attempting to manage an establishment remotely using a
video camera that I monitor over the internet. I need to record the
entrance and exit times of vehicles persons etc. the current way that i
am doing this is way way too time consuming.

If I could link the timestamp feature in excel to the time recorded in
the video itself it would drastically reduce the time tiakes me to
monitor the business.

Let me give you an example of what i want to be able to do:

suppose it is 6:30 p.m and i am monitoring recorded video. someone
enters the establishment on the video at2:15 p.m. I use the timestamp
feature in excel and it registers 2: 15 p.m ( the time on the video)
INSTEAD of 6:30 p.m ( the time at which I am reviewing the video)

Furthermore, I want synchronization ( i.e if I review fifteen minutes
of the video in 5 minutes, i want the timestamp feature to keep up with
the fifteen minutes of " video" time, not the five minutes of " real"
time)

How can I do this???

IS there anyway in which I can synchronize the time in excel (
specifically the time stamp feature) with the time in the saved video
recording INSTEAD of with the computer time??

Alternatively does anyone know of a way to manipulate the computer
clock to synchronize with the time in the video recording??

The video software is Panasonic's Network Camera Recorder.

--
999
999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36907

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what do you call the timestamp feature? is it ctrl: or similar
the only way i can think is some formulas.....ie you enter the currnet time
using the "timestamp"
You enter the video time in another cell
you have a button that you click when you want.Presumably you view on FF so
you know factors beween FF and real time.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"999" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
999 999 is offline

timiestamp is the COntrol+ALT+ semicolon , ehich puts in the current
time ( from the computer clock) into the cell in excel in which you are
working in.

How would I determine the factor? sometimes I am reviewing thre video
footage at 5-7 times real speed, while at other moments I am ogin
slower than real life, so a constant factor probably would not work.

any thoughts ?

--
999
999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36907
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566300

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
999 999 is offline

"i.e you enter the currnet time
using the "timestamp"
You enter the video time in another cell
you have a button that you click when you want.Presumably you view on
FF so
you know factors beween FF and real time.

Im already entering the viedo time manually. this si the time waster i
wan to avoid. I want excel to automatically enter the video time for me
when i do the " theimestamp" command, for which i need 3 fingers and 1
second, isntead of manually hunting for the time, for which wi would
take 3-4 seconds.

999
999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36907
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566300

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
999 999 is offline

I can convert the film to mpeg format and play it in either windos
media player or windows moviemaker. can i synchronize the time of the
video in these software programs
with excel/lotus or any other alpanumeric program??