Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Seldum

Default A simple date calculation question.

Heres my problem. I want to calculate the end date of a contract.

I have the start date fx. 30.05.06 (date field) and I know the contract
runs for a periode of fx. 40 month (not a date field) - how do I get the
end date?

I have looked in the forum and coulden't find an answer. The dates can
variate at the beginning date fx. 10.05.06 but it will always end at
the date when the contract runs out fx. 10.10.06 if the periode = 5
(month).

Is this possible to calculate?

Thanks.

--
Seldum
Seldum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35793

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila D

You might be able to use something like
=TEXT(DAY(A2),"dd")&"/"&TEXT(A2+(B2*30.5),"mm/yyyy")

This assumes the following layout
A1 A2 A3
Date Term End
01/11/2000 30 01/05/2003

I've not tested this a lot so may throw up a few anomalies
Sheila