Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Poor_pakistani

Default Protect Workbook Vs Protect Sheet

Hiii hope u are all ok. i have a problem about protect workbook.when i go to
tools menus and then point to Protection and click on the protect work book
to protect workbook can't be done as it should be.. probably i don't know the
proper way how to protect a workbook........ plz help me . thank u very much
indeed. (inadvance)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ANdras

Hi there,

you can protect the workbook itself (against modification = read only, or
even fully, against all access) when saving the file:
file menu/ save as/ Tools (dropdown list on the panel right hand side) /
settings
and adding the PW

hope, this helps,
Regards,
ANdras

"Poor_pakistani" wrote:

Hiii hope u are all ok. i have a problem about protect workbook.when i go to
tools menus and then point to Protection and click on the protect work book
to protect workbook can't be done as it should be.. probably i don't know the
proper way how to protect a workbook........ plz help me . thank u very much
indeed. (inadvance)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

There are several types of password protection.

1. Password to open the file. Can be set at FileSave AsToolsGeneral
Options.

2. Password on a protected worksheet. This is set at ToolsProtectionProtect
Sheet.

Many functions can be disabled using this type of protection.

3. Workbook Protection password. This is set at ToolsProtectionProtect
Workbook.

This protects the workbook from having sheets deleted and other functions
disabled.

4. VBA Project password to prevent viewers from looking at code modules.

NOTE: except for File to Open protection and VBA project passwords, most forms
of Excel protection are very weak and passwords can be easily cracked.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:47:01 -0700, Poor_pakistani
wrote:

Hiii hope u are all ok. i have a problem about protect workbook.when i go to
tools menus and then point to Protection and click on the protect work book
to protect workbook can't be done as it should be.. probably i don't know the
proper way how to protect a workbook........ plz help me . thank u very much
indeed. (inadvance)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Poor_pakistani

still it doesn't work . plzzzz i want some one to tell me how to apply
protect workbook on my workbook i need someone to tell me the procedure from
a to z i do want that though i know that it protect ur sheets from delete etc.
thanks hope u can understand me well this time