jth

Default Linking an object in power point to a excel worksheet

I have created a power point slide with 100 Objects(representing 100 banquet
tables). This is a fundrasier. We first recurit tables captians who then
sell 10 tickets to thier table. Each tables has a limit of 10 guest. When
the tables sells to a team captain I would like the object to change colors
for red to green....when the team captain sells all 10 seast I would like the
object to change from green to blue. Indicating a sold out table.
I have the excel spread sheet completed using....data...filter...autofilter
to track the the 1000 names and personal data.

thanks
Th
Gary Rowe

You might try using conditional formating. Type your table numbers in a way
that represents the lay out. For each table put a number that represents a
team captain, say 1, and then another number that represents the sold out
table, say 10. Then using conditional formating set the color for that cell
based on whether the value is 0 (red), 1 (green), or 10(blue). Format the
background with a white background and surround the cells with a dark border
so the cells standout. Copy and paste this into powerpoint and link it to
the spreadsheet. When you update the figures in the spreadsheet the colors
will change on the drawing in powerpoint.
Gary

"jth" wrote:

I have created a power point slide with 100 Objects(representing 100 banquet
tables). This is a fundrasier. We first recurit tables captians who then
sell 10 tickets to thier table. Each tables has a limit of 10 guest. When
the tables sells to a team captain I would like the object to change colors
for red to green....when the team captain sells all 10 seast I would like the
object to change from green to blue. Indicating a sold out table.
I have the excel spread sheet completed using....data...filter...autofilter
to track the the 1000 names and personal data.

thanks
Th

jth

Gary, I can't seem to get this to work. Please help. I have designated 100
rows, representating 100 Tables. When the table(row) sell, I place say a 1
in the cell of that row, when the table sells out, i place a 2 in the cell of
that row. Now do i copy all 100 cells that represent the 100 tables into a
blank power presentation?
Thanks