Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cell only accept dates

Is it possible to setup a cell(s) that will only accept dates and nothing
else? I'm trying to prevent clients from inserting a B in the cell or any
strange charactor unapplicable, but force them to either leave a cell blank
or insert a date. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
have you tried data validation? it's quite suited for that.
2003-on the menu bar
datevalidationAllow:datebetween 1/1/1900 and 1/1/9999

regards
FSt1

"Item Manager" wrote:

Is it possible to setup a cell(s) that will only accept dates and nothing
else? I'm trying to prevent clients from inserting a B in the cell or any
strange charactor unapplicable, but force them to either leave a cell blank
or insert a date. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Select your cells(s) then

Data|Validation
Select 'Date'

Enter any additional parameters for your date.

Mike