Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mfg mfg is offline

Default Date -Month/day/year

Thanks for all your help now on one of my worksheets I used this formula and
it works well however in D7 I ahve a date that is February 2008 and it
returns time is up.
=IF(D7=Today(),"Time is up","")

How do I make sure it reads the year as well?
Thanks again for all your help.
--
mfg41
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you count down to the date in D7 and want to return a message when the
date is equal or less you need to switch the arrow (or switch today and D7)

=IF(D7<=TODAY(),"Time is up","")

Peo Sjoblom

"mfg" wrote in message
Thanks for all your help now on one of my worksheets I used this formula
and
it works well however in D7 I ahve a date that is February 2008 and it
returns time is up.
=IF(D7=Today(),"Time is up","")

How do I make sure it reads the year as well?
Thanks again for all your help.
--
mfg41

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mfg mfg is offline

Thanks Peo. That is what happens when you get doing to much at once. I did
not realize I had placed greater than instead of less than going to fast.
--
mfg41

"mfg" wrote in message
Thanks for all your help now on one of my worksheets I used this formula
and
it works well however in D7 I ahve a date that is February 2008 and it
returns time is up.
=IF(D7=Today(),"Time is up","")

How do I make sure it reads the year as well?
Thanks again for all your help.
--
mfg41

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mfg mfg is offline

I had place instead of <. That is what happens when you go to fast and are
doing to much at once.
--
mfg41