Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default minor loss fidelity

I have a file with 5 instances of minor loss of fidelity showing I need to
know how to see where they are and what they are. I have a file that is over
1000 rows and 28 colums And I need to correct these errors to upload the file
to my site.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Explain what you mean by "minor loss of fidelity".

A "minor loss of fidelity" is Excel 2007's way of telling you that you'll
lose some features (e.g., certain types of Conditional Formatting) is you
save a 2007 workbook down to 97/2003 format.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Wondering" wrote in message
. net...
Explain what you mean by "minor loss of fidelity".

"kringle0220" wrote in message
I have a file with 5 instances of minor loss of fidelity showing I need to
know how to see where they are and what they are. I have a file that is
over
1000 rows and 28 colums And I need to correct these errors to upload the
file
to my site.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have Excel 2007. It would have been nice if the OP had said he's getting
the message when he's saving the Excel 2007 workbook as an Excel 97-2003
workbook.
He didn't say what how or where this "minor loss of fidelity" was occurring.

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Explain what you mean by "minor loss of fidelity".

A "minor loss of fidelity" is Excel 2007's way of telling you that you'll
lose some features (e.g., certain types of Conditional Formatting) is you
save a 2007 workbook down to 97/2003 format.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Wondering" wrote in message
. net...
Explain what you mean by "minor loss of fidelity".

"kringle0220" wrote in message
I have a file with 5 instances of minor loss of fidelity showing I need
know how to see where they are and what they are. I have a file that is
over
1000 rows and 28 colums And I need to correct these errors to upload the
file
to my site.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Message

Hello,
I am receiving the below message when I am working in excel 2007:

Minor Loss Fidelity

How do I rectify it??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This message comes up when you work with a file in 2007 that is going to be
saved out in a previous version's file format. Typically things like colors
of cell fills or text are the things that get 'lost'.

To keep from getting that message, make sure your file is being saved as one
of the Excel 2007 file types. But that may mean that other users of the file
may not be able to use it (they'd need 2007 or the add-in that allows earlier
versions of Excel to work with 2007 files).

I get the message everytime I work with several of my files on my Office
2007 systems - and I expect it and ignore it because those files were created
with 2003 and are used on machines that don't have 2007 on them.