Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rients

Default How do I plot the derivative of a curve in Excel?

Hello,
I am working on a maths project and I need to plot the derivative of an
exponential curve, however, (as far as I know) there is no function that is
capable of differentiating an exponential function. I hope somebody can help
me.

Thanks in Advance,

Rients.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MrShorty

If f(x)=exp(g(x)), then, by chain rule, f'(x)=g'(x)*exp(g(x)).

Then, to plot the derivative, set up a table in Excel with the
necessary values/formulas:
x, f(x), f'(x)

Then plot using an XY scatter plot.

--