Alison

Default How do I use the mouse wheel to scroll horizontally in excel?

I would like to be able to change from scrolling vertically in an excel
document to horizontally.

How would I do this?
Roy Wagner

Alison,

I examined the mouse's device properties and this feature is not present on
my mouse. I think you are going to need a better mouse, per Chips post which
I've copied below...

Roy

Get a Microsoft mouse with the "TiltWheel" feature. It lets you
tilt the wheel horizontally to scroll left and right. I have a
wireless one, and am very satisfied with it. Unfortunately, the
mouse driver that comes with it causes the wheel not to work in
the VBA Editor. To fix this, download FreeWheel from
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Alison" wrote:

I would like to be able to change from scrolling vertically in an excel
document to horizontally.

How would I do this?

RWN

The only way I know is to position the pointer in the horizontal bar then use the wheel.
Not an overly convenient way of doing it, but it works.
--
Regards;
Rob
"Alison" wrote in message
I would like to be able to change from scrolling vertically in an excel
document to horizontally.

How would I do this?

Nick

"Roy Wagner" wrote in message
Alison,

I examined the mouse's device properties and this feature is not present on
my mouse. I think you are going to need a better mouse, per Chips post which
I've copied below...

Roy

Get a Microsoft mouse with the "TiltWheel" feature. It lets you
tilt the wheel horizontally to scroll left and right. I have a
wireless one, and am very satisfied with it. Unfortunately, the
mouse driver that comes with it causes the wheel not to work in
the VBA Editor. To fix this, download FreeWheel from
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

Roy,

Have you looked at this?

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837910

It works perfectly for VB6 but I've not managed to get it working for VBA, but then maybe I'm not
doing that registry bit correctly - if anybody knows how...?

Cheers,
Nick

Nick

"Nick" wrote in message ...
"Roy Wagner" wrote in message
Unfortunately, the
mouse driver that comes with it causes the wheel not to work in
the VBA Editor. To fix this, download FreeWheel from
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

Roy,

Have you looked at this?

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837910

It works perfectly for VB6 but I've not managed to get it working for VBA, but then maybe I'm not
doing that registry bit correctly - if anybody knows how...?

Hey, I got it working!

Firstly, go to http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837910 and follow "Method 1" as far as step 2.

Make a new text file, copy/paste the following into it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\VBE\6.0\A ddins\VB6IDEMouseWheelAddin.Connect]

"FriendlyName"="MouseWheel Fix"
"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000000
"CommandLineSafe"=dword:00000000

Then change the file extension from txt to reg and double-click it to run it, choosing "Yes" when
prompted.

Then open Excel, go into the VBA editor (alt+f11 works for me).

Goto "Add-Ins" menu, click "Add-In Manager..."

You should now see "MouseWheel Fix" as an available add-in. Click on it, then make sure the two
checkboxes at the bottom are ticked. Ok that window, close VBA editor and Excel, then re-open and
see if it works... did for me!