Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default need to make empty cell to type upper case letters

I have an excel file I want all text that will be typed in the empty
cells should be upper case. So I have the formula in them and when I
type "msft" and hit enter it should give me "MSFT"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Oct 4, 3:34 pm, chusu wrote:
I have an excel file I want all text that will be typed in the empty
cells should be upper case. So I have the formula in them and when I
type "msft" and hit enter it should give me "MSFT"

Hi Chusu,

Not sure you can do it that way. I'd think any formula you have in the
cell will be overwritten and destroyed when you type msft.

Alternatively, after doing all the typing you need to, you can run a
quick macro that changes all text to uppercase. Use this:

Sub upCase()

For Each cell In Selection
cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value)
Next cell

End Sub

All you need to do is select the range you want converted then run the
macro!

HTH

cheers,
t.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can do that using UCase() in a Change event macro:
If Target.Column = 1 Then 'column A
Target.Value = UCase(Target.Value)

This example works on column A.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛troy@eXL€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

On Oct 4, 3:34 pm, chusu wrote:
[...]

www.eXtreme-eXcel.com
....be indispensable... you'll Double Your Salary!