Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default enter date every 7 days

I am creating a wk book and want my dates to be every 7 days. Want it to
look like this
12/20/2009
12/27/2009
1/3/2010
1/10/2010
and so on.. is this a formula thing? I know how to drag the the first
cell and it will populate by 1 but can this be done by every 7th day?
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition

Thank-you
Carl R

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: enter date every 7 days

Entering Dates Every 7 Days Using a Formula in Excel
  1. Enter the first date in the cell where you want the series to begin. For example, enter 12/20/2009 in cell A1.
  2. In the cell below the first date (cell A2), enter the formula
    Formula:
    =A1+
    and press Enter. This formula adds 7 days to the date in cell A1.
  3. Now, select cell A2 and drag the fill handle (the small square at the bottom right corner of the cell) down to the cells where you want the series to end. Excel will automatically fill in the dates every 7 days.
  4. If you want to customize the date format, select the cells with the dates and right-click. Choose Format Cells and select the desired date format from the Number tab.

That's it! Your dates will now be entered every 7 days using a formula in Excel.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Enter the starting date in first cell (let's say it is A1)
In A2 enter =A1+7
Pull A2's fill handle down to copy

Excel stores dates as serial numbers starting with 1/1/1900
As an experiment, enter =TODAY() in a cell and then format this cell
General: Dec 20 2009 is day 40167

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"Carl R" wrote in message
I am creating a wk book and want my dates to be every 7 days. Want it to
look like this
12/20/2009
12/27/2009
1/3/2010
1/10/2010
and so on.. is this a formula thing? I know how to drag the the first
cell and it will populate by 1 but can this be done by every 7th day?
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium