bobby„¢

Default How do I change one cell across multiple sheets?

I have a spreadsheet with 5 seperate sheets - each sheet is just the same
information sorted differently (i.e.~name, number, date). Is there a way to
link cells, so that if I were to change on cell on one sheet, the information
changes on every sheet? At the moment, I have to go into each and every sheet
to make the most miniscule of updates. Thanks in advance everyone!
Dave Peterson

You have a workbook with 5 separate sheets?

Pick out one sheet and make that the data entry sheet for that info. Put
formulas in the other cells that point back to that sheet (and lock those cells
so that you/the user can't change them and get the info out of sync).

Say your first sheet (sheet1) is where you'd do the data entry

Then use a formula like:

='sheet1'!A1

To retrieve the value on each of the other sheets. If A1 on Sheet1 could be
empty:

=if(='sheet1'!A1="","",'sheet1'!A1)

--

Dave Peterson